- “Longhorn” (code name): The next major release of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- “Avalon” (code name): Graphics presentation technologies in Windows “Longhorn” that provides a unified architecture for presenting user interface, documents and media in the system.
- ClickOnce: Technology in Windows “Longhorn” designed to speed and simplify deployment of applications.
- “Indigo” (code name): .NET communications technologies in Windows “Longhorn” designed to build and run connected systems.
- SuperFetch: Technology in Windows “Longhorn” designed to help applications launch more quickly.
- “Whidbey” (code name): Next generation of the Microsoft Visual Studio system of software-development tools.
- “WinFS” (code name): Next-generation search and data storage system that provides a unified storage model for applications running on Windows “Longhorn.”
- WinFX: Programming model Windows “Longhorn,” used by software developers to build applications for the Windows platform.
- “Yukon” (code name): The next generation of Microsoft SQL Server database software.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 19th, 2003 at 23:30 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.