Was waiting to hear from MS on this. Download the same from MSDN Downloads.
Key enhancements from the Site:
- Excel rendering extension has been improved and now supports viewing in Excel 97 and 2000.
Have been waiting to hear this news from MS. Good work RS Team. A restriction to support till XP was something I wanted a change
- PDF rendering extension is more robust and has better performance.
- Chart control provides more control over display styles.
Cutomizing chart control … Hmmm interesting and a long time requirement tooo by many.
- References to external URLs (images and resources) from within a report are now supported.
- Data caching behavior for report preview is now supported.
And handy performance point of view requirement.
- Newline in expressions is now supported.
Ahh!!! Cant think of a specific requirement here.
- The style of the HTML Viewer toolbar can now be modified through a style sheet.
Wow!!! Was expecting this requirement from customers who would like to have skins type UI.
- New URL parameters offer more options for customizing report presentation at run time
- Report Manager proxy persists authentication cookies so that they can be used by custom security extensions.
- Hidden parameters are now supported.
Handy feature to say.
- Temporary snapshots can be compressed as well as stored on the file system.
Would like to play with this thing. Having Snapshots itself is a temporary output storage wrt to a time frame. Will want to see what is that this feature is to offer.
- Integrated security support for accessing report data sources can be disabled.
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 24th, 2004 at 15:48 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.