Nice script from Igor on changing the collation type of a database. I know tons of folks have asked this as question before at various newsggroups. Cool script nevertheless. Check it out here.
Archive for January, 2007
Word 2007: RTF Specification January 23rd, 2007
The Rich Text Format (RTF) Specification provides a format for text and graphics interchange that can be used with different output devices, operating environments, and operating systems. Version 1.9 of the specification contains the latest updates introduced by Microsoft Office Word 2007. Download it here.
MS BI Conference 2007 January 15th, 2007
First of it kind and interesting to see a complete conference around the BI side of things. I personally have started to see that BI is everywhere and we are getting into a mode where we dont see BI as an advanced user entity but even a novice can do all the BI stuff. More on the conference here.
Patterns & practices: Web Service Software Factory (WCF Release) January 13th, 2007
The Web Service Software Factory (also known as the Service Factory) is an integrated collection of tools, patterns, source code and prescriptive guidance that helps our customers quickly and consistently construct Web services that adhere to well known architecture and design patterns. The Service Factory provides guidance that addresses many of the challenges associated with building WCF and ASP.NET Web services and the components of a distributed application. These challenges include: < ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Designing WCF and ASMX messages and service interfaces.
- Creating service contracts from existing WSDL and XSD files.
- Applying exception shielding and exception handling.
- Designing business entities in the domain model.
- Translating messages to and from business entities.
- Designing, building, and invoking the data access layer.
- Validating many aspects of the service using code analysis.
- Applying message-level security to WCF services.
- Planning for the migration to WCF.
- Applying message validation.
Business Scorecard Manager 2005 Compatibility Release January 12th, 2007
What are the capabilities and changes include in the release?< ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The release consists of the following capabilities and changes:
1. Enables BSM 2005 to install and work with MOSS 2007.
2. QFE roll-up fixes with code changes to support MOSS 2007.
For more detailed information visit this link.