Microsoft Deployment is the next version of Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007. Microsoft Deployment, the fourth generation deployment accelerator, enables deployment of servers and desktops. Its tools and end-to-end guidance reduce deployment time, standardize desktop and server images, limit service disruptions, reduce post-deployment help desk costs and improve security and ongoing configuration management. Microsoft Deployment follows the trend for unified deployment tools across desktops, servers, and applications.
Microsoft Deployment adds integration with recently released deployment technologies to create a single path for image creation and deployment, including:
• System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Operating System Deployment
• System Center Operations Manager
• Windows Automated Installation Kit
• Windows Deployment Services with new multicast technology
• Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
• User State Migration Tool 3.0.1
• 2007 Office system
• Windows Server 2008 Server Manager for automated server role definition
• Systems Management Server 2003 with the Operating System Deployment Feature Pack
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 15th, 2007 at 16:22 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.