Enterprise Library is a collection of reusable software components (application blocks) designed to assist software developers with common enterprise development challenges (such as logging, validation, caching, exception handling, and many others). Application blocks are a type of guidance encapsulating Microsoft recommended development practices; they are provided as source code, tests plus documentation that can be used “as is,” extended, or modified by developers to use on complex, enterprise-level line-of-business development projects.
This release of Enterprise Library is a service release that includes the following:
- Unity interception mechanism and integration of the Policy Injection Application Block with the Unity Application Block
- Added support for generics in the Unity Application Block
- Added support for arrays in the Unity Application Block
- Performance improvements
- Usability improvements to the configuration tool
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 support
- Bug fixes
− read the Introduction to the Enterprise Library;
− download, compile and run the QuickStart samples—study the code;
− read through the related QuickStart Walkthroughs and “Key Scenarios” sections of the documentation;
− practice the Hands-On Labs;
This entry was posted on Friday, October 31st, 2008 at 02:38 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.