IIS Media Services is a set of extensions for Internet Information Services 7 (IIS) that provide an integrated HTTP-based media delivery platform. This includes the new IIS Live Smooth Streaming and the separate IIS Advanced Logging package.
Also with it is the release of Smooth Streaming Player Development Kit, which allows developers to easily create Smooth Streaming experiences using Silverlight. Supported features include PlayReady, DVR controls, instant replay, slow motion, multiple camera angles, alternate audio tracks, content protection, ad integration, in-stream data feeds, and more … . 26 trial deployments are currently highlighted on the Smooth Streaming Showcase.
With this release, the key elements of the IIS media server platform now include:
- Smooth Streaming, adaptive streaming of media over HTTP
- Live Smooth Streaming, for live adaptive streaming of broadcast events
- Smooth Streaming Player Development Kit, for creating custom clients
- Bit Rate Throttling, meters the speed that media is delivered to a player
- Web Playlists, secure sequencing of media content
- Advanced Logging, with real-time client- and server-side logging
- Application Request Routing (ARR), providing HTTP proxying and caching
You can download all of the IIS media server platform components, and the Smooth Streaming PDK, using the Web Platform Installer button on the IIS Media page.
See these blog posts to learn more about the key new features that are part of this release:
· IIS Live Smooth Streaming: http://blogs.iis.net/jboch/archive/2009/10/09/rtw-of-live-smooth-streaming-is-now-live.aspx
· IIS Advanced Logging: http://blogs.iis.net/vsood/archive/2009/10/12/iis-advanced-logging-1-0-released.aspx
· IIS Smooth Streaming Player Development Kit – Beta 1: http://blogs.iis.net/vsood/archive/2009/10/09/iis-smooth-streaming-player-development-kit-1-0-beta-1-released.aspx
Happy streaming !!!Share this article
This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 at 07:48 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.