The Solution Accelerators Team is offering customers and partners added inventory and assessment capabilities with the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 5.0 Community Technical Preview (CTP). The MAP Toolkit 5.0 CTP provides customers and partners with new features such as inventory of heterogeneous server environments; the ability to determine usage of deployed System Center Configuration Manager (a member of the Core Client Access License Suite); and readiness assessment for migration to Office 2010.
Register for the MAP Toolkit 5.0 CTP and complete the survey.
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 5.0 CTP is an agentless tool designed to simplify and streamline the IT infrastructure planning process across multiple scenarios through network-wide automated discovery and assessments. This tool makes it easier for Microsoft customers and partners to quickly identify critical assets in their IT environment. It performs key functions including hardware and software inventory, hardware compatibility analysis, virtualization readiness planning, and generation of actionable, environment-specific IT proposals for infrastructure planning.
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 5.0 CTP includes the following new features:
- Heterogeneous Server Environment Inventory for Technologies including Windows Server, Linux, UNIX and VMware.
- Ability to determine usage of deployed System Center Configuration Manager, a member of the Core Client Access License Suite.
- Office 2010 Readiness Assessment.
Additionally to these are –
- Windows 7 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment.
- Virtualization Candidates Assessment for Hyper-V Server Consolidation.
- Inventory of VMware Server Hosts and Guests.
- User Interface and Proposal Customization for Partner co-branding.
- Enhanced Usability and Improved Inventory Performance.
- SQL Server Instance Discovery.
- Desktop Security Assessment for Anti-virus and Anti-malware Programs Installation.
- Forefront Client Security/NAP Readiness Assessment.
Do give it a try and Read more about the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit on TechNet. Get the latest news from the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit Team Blog. Also, Check out other members of the Solution Accelerators family—Server, Desktop, Security, and Virtualization Solution Accelerators.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 at 03:38 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.