- WCF Data Services enables the creation and consumption of OData services for the web (formerly known as ADO.NET Data Services).
- Windows Server AppFabric provides tools for managing and monitoring your web services and workflows.
The AppFabric WCF DataService template brings these two products together providing the following features:
- Monitor the queries to your service across multiple servers with AppFabric Monitoring
- Properly report errors to Windows Server AppFabric (WCF Data Service errors are not recognized by AppFabric otherwise)
- Eliminate the .svc extension from the URI by using routing
- Provide a simple HTML page for invoking the service with or without the .svc extension
If you have the guidance and the template along together in one package you simply add a new AppFabric WCF Data Service to your project and everything you need to know shows up right in Visual Studio – how cool is that?
So go download this template today and give it a go …
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 at 08:53 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.