IIS Smooth Streaming Client allows you to build rich Smooth Streaming experiences for both on-demand and live IIS Smooth Streaming. This release of the IIS Smooth Streaming Client allows you to build Silverlight® players for on-demand and live Smooth Streaming, with full DVR, live ad insertion, multiple camera angles, trickplay, and other rich functionalities. This kit is intended to aid your development of rich Smooth Streaming players and experiences. The IIS Smooth Streaming Client APIs provide an interface for developers and designers to easily create rich Smooth Streaming experiences using the Silverlight platform. These APIs provide support for simple operations such as Play, Pause, and Stop, and also for more complex operations such as scheduling advertisements, selecting and tracking bit rates for Smooth Streaming playback, and many more.
The IIS Smooth Streaming Client 1.5 now supports IIS Media Services manifest compression and requires IIS Media Services 4.0 or higher.The IIS Smooth Streaming Client in this release supports these high-level features:
- Basic playback controls:
- APIs such as Play, Pause, Stop
- Events for playback and diagnostics
- Properties to track position, and so on
- Advanced playback support:
- DVR support for Live Smooth Streaming
- Support for tracking live events while in DVR
- Trickplay – slow motion/fast-forward/rewind (Desktop Silverlight only, not available on Windows Phone)
- Multiple Audio Language support
- Text stream support for captions/subtitles (Desktop Silverlight only, not available on Windows Phone)
- Support for offline playback scenarios
- H.264/AAC support
- Ad playback integration – scheduling capabilities, tracking ad progress. (Desktop Silverlight only, not available on Windows Phone)
- Live ad insertion with IIS Live Smooth Streaming. (Desktop Silverlight only, not available on Windows Phone)
- Rich analytics with IIS Advanced Logging
- Analytics APIs
- Support for specifying markers/ad ingestion points outside the main manifest. (Desktop Silverlight only, not available on Windows Phone)
- Content Protection – PlayReady integration for VC-1/H.264 content
- Composite manifest support for scenarios such as Rough Cut Editing (RCE). (Desktop Silverlight only, not available on Windows Phone)
- Selecting tracks for playback (for example, restrict the available bit rates, support multiple camera angles in a single stream, and so on)
- Support for progressive download ads/content. (Desktop Silverlight only, not available on Windows Phone)
IIS Smooth Streaming Client is used in the Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework (SMF). This partnership facilitates faster player development.
For Windows Phone 7 development information please see the Windows Phone Developer portal.
This entry was posted on Monday, December 13th, 2010 at 03:12 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.