SQL Server Compact 4.0 CTP2 is the second CTP of the next generation of embedded databases from the Microsoft SQL Server family. Besides enhancing the existing desktop scenarios, SQL Server Compact 4.0 enables a new scenario whereby it can be used as a database for starter ASP.NET websites. SQL Server Compact supports simple deployment and can be xcopy deployed in the website’s bin folder.
SQL Server Compact 4.0 CTP2 significantly enhances the following features that were released earlier with the SQL Server Compact 4.0 CTP1 :
- Installs as part of the Microsoft WebMatrix Beta. Microsoft WebMatrix which is an integrated suite of tools designed to make it easy for developers to build dynamic and secure ASP.Net Web applications. The websites can then be deployed in one-click to a third party website hosting service provider and SQL Server Compact is privately deployed along with the Website in the Bin folder.
- Operates within the ASP.NET environment to provide the database functionality needed by the starter websites and it can also run in the medium trust environments on the web server.
- Ability to write paging queries using the OFFSET and FETCH T-SQL Syntaxes
- Better Support for private deployment by having a single private folder (“%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v4.0\Private”) containing both the AMD64 and X86 binaries
- Support for SqlCeConnection.GetSchema method to provide the metadata information of the database and its child objects.
- Better encryption facility with the use of the latest Encryption Algorithms (AES-256 and SHA2)
- Tested and certified to ensure that SQL Server Compact can handle the starter website load effectively and efficiently without any hangs, crashes, exceptions etc.
This entry was posted on Friday, December 17th, 2010 at 21:05 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.