casinos

What does it take to be Successful? April 11th, 2011

“In my opinion” the simple mantra for success over the years has been – PASSION. I don’t want to justify as it has worked for many people I know. For me, it has been the Passion for SQL Server – little more than a decade and my passion never dies for this amazing product !!!

You might read multiple management books, watch hundreds of movies, read blogs and state this is one of the dimensions – Yet this is the most important one.

Unlike the Dilbert cartoon, you are unique in your own way and need to be self-motivated rather than just always aiming on a moving target set by others. Comparing with others is fine when you are starting your career because you atleast have a baseline to start. But after that initial inertia broken and momentum once built – it is you whom you need to challenge day-in-day-out. Your passion breeds positive attitude that will automatically lead you in the success path.

There is no shortcuts or hacks to success. Look at the best around, from Sachin Tendulkar to MS Dhoni – the passion for the game and the hardwork behind the game make them what they are. If you are looking for shortcuts, then it is just your laziness that is taking over you.

With TechEd India 2011 fever subsided, I am relatively relaxed and expect me to start blogging again. Anyways, if you are not on my twitter (@vinodk_sql) – feel free to add me. I am much active out there Smile.

I am passionate over such topics too, so if you do like them – drop a line and based on the feedbacks I will see to add more thoughts. I know these are not carvings cut on stone – just yet another opinion.

Tags: , ,

This entry was posted on Monday, April 11th, 2011 at 09:56 and is filed under Personal, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 Responses to “What does it take to be Successful?”

1. [...] passion like never before every single day. I wrote about this concept in my earlier post – “What does it take to be Successful?” and I cant reemphasize the same. Just track any successful person, they make conscious choices [...]

2. Dhiraj Gupta says:

I am late but right lines @ right time for me :)

Thanks,

3. Thanks for this post.

I am very lucky that I have got opporunity to talk to you and get inspired . Thank you Happy Coding

4. [...] @vinodk_sql posts What does it take to be Successful? Posted on April 11, 2011 by sqlmashup http://blogs.extremeexperts.com/2011/04/11/what-does-it-take-to-be-successful/ [...]

5. Vinod Kumar says:

Jalpesh – Great point. If you have enough passion and drive to achieve every bit of what you are passionate – then dedication is not a challenge.

Krishna – Gald to see you drop by :) … Reading is one thing – doing it is completely a different competency. I am glad for what you did. You did have loads of passion then 4 years back. Just that I helped you channelize that energy for you own good. You deserve every bit of it !!! All the best and keep the good work going.

6. Krishna says:

Can’t agree more on what you said sir :) I’m glad to be mentored by you 4 years back and now I enjoy every bit of my work. I still have the emails which we exchanged..here is one sentence from the mail: “You need to be persistent in learning on every task that you do” and yes, I have developed the ‘sustained sincerity’ and ‘persistence’ since then.

Thanks a lot for inspiring people with your words :)

7. Jalpesh says:

Hello Sir,

One more thing required is dedication to passion. If you are passionate about something but you are not working on it or you are not dedicated about that passion then you will never be successful.

I have seen many blogger started writing passionately but they are not dedicated so there blog are not successful.

Best Regards,
    Jalpesh

8. Vinod Kumar says:

Thanks for the kind words Lohith, Pinal. Glad to know I have atleast been a good starting point for you guys. Frankly you folks are an indentity and rockstars in your own way !!!

Keep the community spirits high and keep rocking …

9. Ayyappan says:

Nice thought process.

Passion is an energy drink. we should live with it to be successful. :)

Thanks,
    Ayyappan

10. Pinal Dave says:

Hi sir,

I totally agree. PASSION.

There is something more to passion is faith as well. I have seen enough people who have passion but the clear lack faith in their own passion sometime becomes issue.

There are very few who are enlighten ones who are not only passionate himself/hearself but ignite the same in others.

I think you are the one who have ignited in many and continue to show the direction.

11. Lohith says:

Sensei

Couldnt have agreed more… thanks for putting this through. If i am today known among the tech groups in Bangalore like BDotNet and MysoreGeekz is because of the PASSION you talked about in the post. It was your passion which ignited my passion (2008, VS launch in Jayanagar 4 block :) ). Thanks and keep it going.

regards