Life is about living to its potential. As humans we need to discover and learn from each other. In this pursuit of a happy life, how often have you become a black-hole attitude person? What I mean by this is – how often you have looked at things around you and have gone about getting it in an instinct? These days the gadget freaks are a classic example. Even though the devices have incremental improvements, we tend to see people wanting it more than every. It seems to hit a social status for individuals. I did post a message about value we associate with things before – Picture Post: How we associate Value. It is a mindset, it is instinctive, it is spontaneous – but it is not well thought through.
Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less – C. S. Lewis
In this blog post, let me take a different dimension to call out few things that I fell are more powerful when less. These are my Top 10 –
- Doing less means you get time for things that you really dream of doing.
- Give lesser excuses.
- Lessen the time between making mistakes and apologizing.
- Doubt lesser and try to accept more.
Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need – Khalil Gibran
- Lessen the time or be immediate when you have to “Thank” someone.
- Know the red-lights – and lessen the number of times you try to bail out of a situation.
- Spend less time complaining.
- Lessen your convenience and do what is your responsibility.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift – Steve Prefontaine
- Lesser your debt’s in life, more happy you will be.
- Try to agree more and argue less.
This is not exhaustive to everything that we see as less to being more. What are your list that you would like to add to this list?
Share this article
As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do – Andrew Carnegie
This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 at 08:30 and is filed under Personal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.