We never know where we can get inspiration from. I read quite a bit on various topics and one of the most read topic will be around management and leadership. I have written a number of blog posts on Leadership which you can take a look at, some are: As a Leader, it is always your fault !!!, Know the Informal Leader, Top 10 Managing People Tips, Picture Post: Your View Vs Management View, I am not a Manager, I am a Leader, Characteristics of good leader and many more. I write a number of quotes from different people, but offlate I have been reading more on some of the great quotes from Henry Ford. It is quite surprising that we get inspiration from completely a different industry. Since I am from Mechanical Engineering background, I tend to have a natural inclination to people from this industry and Henry Ford is right on top of my list. Talk about assembly line automation, just-in-time for factory materials and various quality checks – he was a visionary of his time. In this blog, I am calling out some of the famous and interesting quotes I have read on leadership from this legend.
My Top 25 Leadership Quotes
- Employers only handle the money – it is the customer who pays the wages.
- Vision without execution is just hallucination.
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
- If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.
- Don’t find fault, find a remedy.
- Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.
- The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
- If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
- If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said – faster horses.
- You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
- You don’t have to hold a position in order to be a leader.
- I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say what is and what is definitely not possible.
- Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.
- Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
- If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.
- It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.
- An idealist is a person who helps other people to be prosperous.
- Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
- It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
- You can’t learn in school what the world is going to do next year.
There is so much to learn from the legendary and it is always fun to learn from a person who has still been an inspiration for me. Do let me know which of these quotes inspired you the most?Share this article
This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 31st, 2013 at 08:30 and is filed under Personal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.