I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.
Earlier this week I was writing about happiness and some of the thoughts around that. In order to have a happy life, it is strange that we need to change a lot of things in our own self. This blog post is about calling out some of the things we need to STOP doing. Here is a quick list, not exhaustive though.
Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.
- Stop running from your problems
- Stop thinking you’re not ready
- Stop living in the past
- Stop being negative in your thoughts
- Stop trying to hold onto the past
- Stop lying to yourself
- Stop being idle
- Stop procrastinating
- Stop yourself from being distracted
- Stop spending time with wrong people
- Stop fear of failure
- Stop doubting
- Stop trying to be someone else
- Stop being scared to make mistakes
- Stop cursing yourself for old mistakes – move on
- Stop doing the same thing while expecting different results
- Stop making excuses
- Stop from saying “Yes” always
- Stop your anger before it becomes a danger
- Stop trying to buy happiness
- Stop expecting people to be perfect
- Stop exclusively looking to others for happiness
- Stop trying to compete against everyone else
- Stop being jealous of others
- Stop blaming yourself for doing the right thing
- Stop buying things which you will throw anyways
- Stop overloading your schedule
- Stop holding grudges
- Stop being defensive
- Stop being materialistic
- Stop holding back your reason to praise someone
- Stop letting others bring you down to their level
- Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others
- Stop trying to impress others
- Stop being lazy
- Stop getting away with “good enough” attitude
- Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments
- Stop trying to make things perfect
- Stop following the path of least resistance
- Stop spending mindlessly
- Stop blaming others for your troubles
- Stop worrying so much
- Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen
- Stop being ungrateful
Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
I am sure you will agree with some of these if not all. Do let me know if you agree with the above. What would be your top 3 which you liked and found striking?
Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 at 08:30 and is filed under Personal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.