Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them – Henry Ford
In this era of fast food and easy-merry-go-life we want to do things instantly. And I am sure after a dull boring day we want instant energy back into our system to do things we would cherish doing – playing a game with our kids, taking your wife for a movie or taking parents to dinner. Some of these are great needs, but sometimes in middle of a busy day we need to be high on energy as we switch between meetings. How can we achieve this never deteriorating stream of energy every single day? So here are some of my best and easy steps I thought to pen down. Let me know if you used any of these methods in your life anytime.
The energy of the mind is the essence of life – Aristotle
- Stretch out: This is the simplest of the lot. Snap away from what you are doing, watch some greenery and stretch and bend your back.
- Step out for a walk: Just like above, this is one of the easiest and most used mechanism by many. Get outside your cubicle and get some fresh air and it helps clear your mind.
- Calling a friend: Sometime we get energy by symbiotic ways. Just calling one of your close friend and listening to their cheerful voice can get us all the energy we need to go for rest of the day.
- Dress for the occasion: If you are at home and not getting all the energy, just by dressing formally can get you in that mindset and you will be able to run the extra mile.
- Listen to music: Cutting yourself of the clutter and listening to some melody from your favorite composer can get you an extra ounce of energy increasing your concentration to do the next task in hand.
- Laugh your way out: There is no substitute to happy mind. Watching some funny videos (on youtube) that can bring a smile can surely rejuvenate the rest of the day.
- Read motivational stuff: This is something I do quite a bit. I keep reading lots of books and it brings back so much motivation that it keep me running.
- Control your breath cycles: If you are into Yoga then a few deep breaths of mini-pranayams can get some new positive energy flowing into your system.
- Snap and help someone in need: They say life comes in circles, so if you create a positive vibes in someone else’s life, you are going to get positive energy flowing into your life too.
- Do yourself a favor: The best way to revitalize is to do something meaningful to you. If you do something you have been wanting to do for a long time, it brings back so much of satisfaction and energy back in the system. This can be as simple as taking your Guitar and playing a few strings.
- Savor your success: The best way to boost yourself is to think about your recent successes for not more than 30 seconds. It can bring goosebumps yet reminds you that if you have done things in the past, it is quite possible in future too.
Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.
Understand that everything that happens in life is never good or bad, it is just our perception that makes them good or bad. I am sure you have found your own way to emotionally boost yourself when you get stuck in situation to give yourself that extra bit of energy. Do let me know – “what do you do to make yourself feel better when life puts a U turn and puts you down?”. Let me know.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 24th, 2013 at 08:30 and is filed under Personal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.