Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere – Glenn Turner
I always say, life is full of surprises and everything happens for a reason. There is so much we learn from each other that the experience we get must be for a lifetime. If we don’t run behind our dreams we are never going to get it. If we don’t ask the right questions, we will always be presented with wrong answers. You will eventually be run over even if you are sitting idle on the right path. Understanding life’s choices is a critical activity, for a fact, life is just a choice we make – Period.
Here are some of the choices I wish we never make these mistakes in our lifetime:
- Thinking about the past and worrying.
- Fearing change and resisting it.
- Dream big and not take any positive step towards it.
- Taking everything personally and seriously.
- Put needs of your loved ones in the back burner.
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
- Making others feel bad about themselves.
- Not speaking out what is in your mind.
- Thinking about lost opportunities and whining.
- Trying to do everything at once. If everything is important, then nothing is.
- Trusting no one.
If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today. ~E. Joseph Cossman
- Shy to ask for help.
- Failing to learn from mistakes.
- Blaming others and not taking ownership.
- Question your own abilities and being with people who pull you down always.
- Never explored new ways of doing things and doing the same thing expecting different results.
Worry is a misuse of imagination. ~Dan Zadra
- Not being true to yourself.
- Being jealous of people around you.
- Making small issues a bigger problem to solve.
- Keep complaining of problems and not taking actions.
- Running behind money and forgetting the inner passion you once had.
Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia
I personally think there is lots more to write on things I wish we dont do in our lifetime. Do let me know if these resonate a bell in your mind and have you experienced these in your lifetime?